We’re slowly going to work our way through the menu at Sushi Sushi. Tonight, we didn’t go hog-wild crazy and had tea instead of Sapporo, so our bill was a decent $40 and we walked away stuffed.
At $1.35 for sushi, we got 6 each, an appetizer and a noodle dish to share.
- Sake (salmon) – a simple but classic salmon. Good, but I prefer the sake with cheese or the smoked sake
- Hokkigai (surf clam) – a little chewy, kind of like octopus. Meh…
- Tako (octopus) – a large, thin piece of octopus. A little chewy, but a neat flavour and texture. Kind of hard to shove the large piece in my mouth, but a fresh and light flavour – not too fishy
- Chuka Iidako (baby octopus) – the same marinated baby octopus as was in the appetizer that we had last time. The flavour is great, I just find it hard to eat a whole baby octopus (head and all)
- Special Hotategai (special scallop) – such creamy goodness! These never disappoint
- Ikura (salmon roe) – blech. Never again. The texture, but mostly the flavour were not my thing
A4 – Ika Karaage (deep fried squid with spicy mayo) – The squid was tough in spots – sometimes hard to bite through. There was little flavour in these guys and there wasn’t enough spicy mayo in the little bowl to make up for it. Not my fave.
U13 – Teriyaki Niku Yaki Ramen (pan fried beef noodles) – Excellent taste and texture. Fresh and light, not too greasy. Quite enjoyable – recommended!