Before you continue to read this post, I want to state that I know I’m lucky. I have a wonderful family, and we are financially stable in a time when so many people aren’t. I really don’t want this post to come across as bragging – I’m just super excited about what I got for Christmas and I can’t wait to use it all!
My family loves giving at Christmas. To save money one year we drew names and exchanged only one big gift each… it turned out we really didn’t like it. We always go overboard and enjoy doing so. This year, it turned out that my wishlist was full of foodie things, and I received so much of what was on my wishlist, and many things that people just knew I would love.
I can’t wait to try all my new kitchen gadgets and share the experience with you. Here’s what I have to find room for in my kitchen:
- KitchenAid spiralizer, with peel, core and slice blades. Yay! I have yet to buy any attachments for my mixer so I’m excited to give this one a shot.
- The Flavour Bible – A book that describes all the foods, herbs and spices you can imagine and lists what goes with what. A great resource if you want to create your own recipes.
- All About Braising – A book that describes the process of braising – what meat is best with slow or long braising and why, and a whole lot of recipes.
- 5L Henckels Dutch Oven in red – I’ve been wanting an enamelled cast iron dutch oven for a long time now. I like that the Henckels ones allow you to rest the lid in the handle, so you’re not looking for a place to rest the hot lid while you check on the food.
- Paella Pan – This pan was made in Spain and is a traditional, high quality pan. My family knows it doesn’t typically pay off to skimp on quality. I can’t wait to make a traditional recipe in this pan!
- A chef’s torch so I can make creme brûlée for Jay.
- A set of stainless steel mini bowls for food prep to replace my hand-me-down glass ones.
- Stainless steel measuring cups and spoons to replace my plastic ones.
- A melon baller and fruit scoops set. I’ve never had a melon baller!
- A cherry pitter that will do 4 cherries at a time! Woot! I really did not like pitting cherries with a knife this summer.
- 6 pairs of funky chop sticks with rests.
- A variety of placemats. Jay picked ones he thought would make good backdrops for my blog photos. What a sweetie!
- Flavoured oils.
- A battery operated wine bottle opener. Honestly – I really don’t drink that much wine! LOL…
I’m also updating my pantry organization with some new Tupperware Modular Mates, including spice containers. I’m planning to transfer my spices and seasoning blends from glass jars that are stacked two high and fall all over the place, into the small spice containers that fit into the Tupperware spice carousel. This will be my 2nd carousel, and I’m looking forward to a more organized cupboard! Modular Mates are on sale until January 29, 2016 so if you’re in the market for a new approach to pantry organization, now’s the time to make the purchase. These puppies are not cheap, so any opportunity to save a buck on them is a good thing.